1. Take time to see the event first hand, not just only through the lens of a camera. Don’t live retrospectively. You do not need to photograph every mundane thing.
2. When eating with company, put down your phone and silence it. Plug it in, even.
3. Post very few pictures of an event and it will be regarded higher than if you post multiple photos of the same thing. It leaves mystery.
4. Take unplanned, different photos, not just posed ones. You will be grateful you did later on. Doing the same pose everywhere could just be replaced by Google images and photoshopping yourself into them.
5. Even if you do not exercise intensely, never stop stretching or your body will hurt by your mid 20’s.
6. Don’t forget about video and home movies. You will be amazed later on at how weird you sounded. Plus it makes for great bonding time. Just hold the god damn camera still.
7. Force yourself to listen to the radio sometimes, not just your phone music. Accept the commercials and possibility of horrible songs and playlists. Don’t touch the station. It will get better and you will appreciate when the good songs come on.
8. Moisturizer is the closest thing you will get to the fountain of youth. PUT IT EVERYWHERE.
9. Invest in a good pair of sunglasses that go well with your face. Nothing is worse than a summer filled of photographic memories in which you wore aviators on full cheeks and looked really bad.
10. Look people in the eyes when you talk to them because having the confidence to do so is attractive.
11. Sit at a right angle from someone when telling them something important. It’s psychologically proven that sitting kitty corner makes people feel more comfortable while still feeling close.
12. Never take your sleep or your orthopedic comfort for granted. Invest in supportive shoes (they can still be cute, or just get insoles) and get proper bedding.
13. Sometimes, all it takes is a brand new pair of socks to make you feel awesome for a few hours.
14. Everyday, do at least one thing that you dread doing but know is good to do. Then you will feel accomplished afterwards and your day will feel worthwhile.
15. If you feel down for no reason, you’re probably not getting enough sun.
16. Take care of at least one thing, even if small. A pet or plant. Doesn’t matter, but take ownership over it. Don’t ever let it suffer.
17. Know a little about lot of different things and you will be interesting. Know a lot about only one thing and you will be boring. It doesn’t mean you can’t know a lot about something, but don’t bet all your chips on it.
18. Clean your sheets every two weeks. Your skin/acne and allergies will thank you.
19. Don’t use the excuse that you are bad with names. Make it a priority and remember them however you have to. There is nothing more insulting that re-meeting someone and them not remembering your name, no matter the excuse.
20. Go to the wakes of friends/family of people who matter to you, even if you did not meet the person who passed away. It means a lot and it’s the personality trait of a person who gets ahead in life.
21. Never cut yourself off from candy/treats completely or you will end up binging on them.
22. At work or school, always be prepared and work hard. It will force out discrimination. If it doesn’t, you will have ground to stand on when you fight for what you deserve. And you will win.
23. Everything you believe in now will probably be different than 10 years from now. Accept that humans change and embrace the journey. Changing your mind based on time and experience is not hypocritical, so don’t hold to ideals just for the sake of doing so.